Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Seal It


This is not necessary a makeup post, but this is definitely a useful product worth mentioning.  :)

Last night, I had an important dinner meeting and I planned to already wear a specific dress to this event.  However, when I tried it on again, the length of the dress was way too long even with heels on. Practically I was dreading the dress everywhere I went.   

I know, what you’re all thinking, why didn’t I try the dress on the night before? Well, I wasn’t thinking. LOL.  

It was 6pm, dinner was at 7pm, and there was no way that I can invade through the closet to find another appropriate dress.  Luckily, for me, I lived right by Joann’s Fabric store.  I went to find something that can shorten the length of my dress.  

And then I came across this brilliant product that saved my night.  

Ladies please meet Unique Stitch



First Impression:  What a wonderful idea! Honestly, this is an amazing product! The purpose of this product is to offer temporarily binding or to hem your dress or anything else for a short period of time.  And let me tell you, this product dried within minutes and I was able to wear my dress with the appropriate length.  I was a happy camper! :0)





There was no particular heavy smell from the glue.  It was really easy to apply.  One straight line of glue to the fabric (of where you would like it to fold), then gently fold the fabric together.  Let it sit for a couple of minutes.  And VOILA…a hemmed dress. :0)




I mean this is obviously temporarily not meant to be worn for always.  However, it looks pretty darn good!  Honestly, I planned on leaving the stitch as is.  When it comes apart, then I can deal with it later.  

For now, I am in no rush to give it a professional hem.  : P

I think the unique stitch serves its justice and purpose of what it was meant to offer.  

I bought it for $4.99, which isn’t bad at all, for easy effective use, for automatic hem, and it’s durable and can be washable! That, I cannot complain at all. :)

I bought mines at Joann’s Fabric Store, but I am sure they have it at other fabric craft stores.  

Have a great day!

Thanks for reading and subscribing! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment